Knowledge about nudging, gamification, and behavioral psychology is absolutely essential. The more you and your team know and understand people and behavior, the better products and services you can create, and the more you can motivate people to take action.
I’m so happy that Susan Weinschenk, author of, e.g., “Neuro Web Design,” “How to Get People to Do Stuff,” and “100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People”, will be leading a track on Behavioral Design at Ambition Empower!
Topics will, e.g., include:
- How to design to encourage particular decisions
The impact of social norms and how to use them in your designs
- Unconscious instincts and how your messaging, wording, and images might affect the urge to take action
- Habit formation and conditioned responses – how actions become habitual, and how to design for habit formation
- When rewards do and don’t work, why gamification often fails and what to do about it
- How to encourage the desire for mastery as a motivator through your design decisions
- Why some things grab our attention, and others don’t, and how to design to get attention
- Generational differences in thinking and behavior and their impact on the design decisions you make
- System 1 and System 2 thinking and how to design for one vs. the other
Sign up, and let Susan guide you. Meet her in live sessions for an entire year, and deepen your knowledge in Behavioral Design!